To install Headless Recorder, go to the Chrome Webstore and install it as follows:
- Navigate to the Chrome Webstore with your Chrome browser.
- Click the “Add to Chrome” button. You will see a camera icon appear in your toolbar.
- Clicking the camera icon will pop open Headless Recorder.
Open the options tab by clicking the cogwheel icon. In this tab you will find a set of configuration options that impact how Headless Recorder generates Playwright and Puppeteer code.
The available options are:
- Wrap code in async function: determines whether your code is wrapped in an
asynchelper function. This is handy when you want save your script and run it from your local machine with a simple
node myscript.js. Checkly handles both wrapped and unwrapped scripts, but you might want to turn this off to have cleaner-looking checks.
- Set headless: sets the
headlessoption within Playwright/Puppeteer’s launch options, determining whether the tool will spawn a headless browser or a headful one.
- Add waitForNavigation lines on navigation: this determines if extra statements are added to wait for browser reloads when navigating from page to page. Recommended for Puppeteer.
- Add waitForSelector lines before every page.click(): setting this option generates a
waitForSelectorstatement before each
page.click()statement, effectively always guarding for clicking on elements that are not (yet) available on a page. Recommended for Puppeteer.
- Add blank lines between code blocks: adds line spacing to improve script readability.
- Show Playwright tab first: sets the default script output to Playwright.
You can contribute to this documentation by editing this page on Github