Why Checkly and not Runscope?
Checkly is built for developers and engineering teams eager to monitor their cloud native applications.
Combined E2E & API checks
Runscope is great when you only want to know if your APIs are up. But it doesn’t show you the full picture - whether your UI and endpoints are working correctly.
Flexible API Checks
Checkly provides powerful insights and tools to customize your checks. Instead of a simple ping, you can create fully fledged configurable HTTP checks to monitor APIs.
What makes Checkly unique
API monitoring for developers
Checkly enables you to create flexible HTTP Checks tailored to your needs.
- Monitor your API for performance & correctness
- Easily create your checks with our Terraform provider and our Swagger importer
E2E checks with real browsers
Code your checks and control exactly how they interact with a real browser.
- Use real and worldwide distributed browsers to validate what you need using Puppeteer or Playwright
- We support you with examples and our Headless Recorder — coding is optional
- Run your tests constantly or via our CI/CD integrations
Trusted by engineering teams at
Get a clear picture of how your services perform for all your users around the world. Run your checks from any of our twenty data center locations spread over the Americas, EMEA, Asia Pacific, and Africa. Our datacenter locations