All browser checks run in a sandboxed runtime environment on our cloud backend. You do not have full access to the Node.js standard library or to arbitrary NPM modules. Currently every runner is equipped with the following libraries:
- node 10.x LTS: The general Node.js execution environment.
- puppeteer 2.0.0: Framework for controlling browsers from Node.js.
- chromium 77.0.3844.0 (r674921): Chrome browser used with Puppeteer.
- playwright 1.4.0: Framework for controlling browsers from Node.js.
- chromium 83.0.4103.0: Chrome browser used with Playwright.
- chai 4.2.0: Popular assertion library.
- mocha 5.0.0: Popular test runner library.
- assert 10.x: Built-in assertion function.
- moment 2.22.2: Popular library for all things time related.
- axios 0.18.0: A modern HTTP library. Support async/await.
- crypto-js 3.1.9: Cryptographic function library.
- aws4 1.8.0: Third-party library for easily signing AWS API requests.
By default, all our runners have their timezone set to UTC, regardless of their location.